Helping People, Families & Workplaces Adapt to Crises & Change through the Global Pandemic.
Encompass Work & Family provides a combination of health and educational psychology, organizational development, and marriage & family therapy services to help people adapt to change, crises and overcome trauma in their lives, workplaces and at home. Now more than ever, it is essential that people find ways to enhance positive self-care and learn effective skills for maintaining healthy relationships and stable employment during these tumultuous times.
Hello, my name is Kimberly Key and I started Encompass Work & Family to help businesses, families and individuals effectively adapt to rapid change. I didn’t know we would face a global pandemic when I started this business 15 years ago, however, I am grateful to have developed an array of skillis poised at helping you, your family and your workplaces adapt in healthy, innovative and resilient ways.
Why Work and Family?
Now, more than ever, professional and personal boundaries have blurred as people work from home and sit quarantined at home and sign into web-based video conferencing.
Yet, much of our initial human reaction to change is to resist it…especially when there’s a threat to one’s safety.
We want safety & comfort. We desire control. We think we can control what we know. However, today’s global pandemic presents a host of unknowns and severe trauma and grief for some with an excess of frustration for others as mobility is thwarted. And when people feel out of control, THEY TRY HARDER TO TAKE CONTROL.
When that happens, it can lead to systemic instability—impacting families, business, communities, and government.
That’s where we are now and some of the negative effects can be seen in these common (maladaptive) symptoms as people clamor to survive the instability brought about from fear and the rapid change from the pandemic.
Click the following tabs to see adverse effects from rapid change
- Dysfunctional Business Cultures
- Questionable Business Ethics
- Destructive Leadership Transitions
- Resistance to Change and Technology
- Impediments to Knowledge Transfer between Teams and Generations
- Unemployment, Underemployment & Career Instability
- Family Conflict
- Childrearing Challenges
- Custody Difficulties
- Strained Relations with Extended Family
- Lack of Family Identity
- Loss of Knowledge and Customs from Prior Generations
- Trauma, Grief & Loss
- Unbalance or False Balance
- Difficult Relationships
- Bullying and Abuse
- Attention & Learning Issues
- Rebellion Against Authority (perceived or real)
One of the first solutions is to recognize what’s happening. That’s where I try to help. Naming the problem, or challenge, helps to illuminate the solution. After I identify the challenges, I work through people’s common defenses (denial, resistance, stress, fear, obsession, competition, shame, etc.) while implementing Resilient Education for Adaptive Learning (REAL), a solution-focused systemic methodology that facilitates growth, learning, adaptation, creativity, innovation, resilience, trust, positive relationships, meaning, and purpose. REAL significantly improves work, family and individual functioning and remedies the adverse effects from rapid change.
Click the following tabs to see positive outcomes from Resilient Education for Adaptive Learning (REAL)
- Positive Business Cultures that Promote Trust, Enthusiasm and an Atmosphere of Innovation
- Positive Business Ethics where People Have Self-Respect and Pride
- Positive Leadership Transitions where Business and Employees Continue to Thrive
- Employees Embrace Change and Technology with Curiosity and Excitement to Learn
- Business Provides Meaning and a Legacy where there’s an Eager Transfer of Knowledge between Teams and Generations
- Steadier Employment and Career Stability with Entrepreneurial Approach to Career Management
- Family Harmony with Tools to Encourage Repair, Respect, Love, Safety, and Laughter
- Positive Parenting that Promote Emotionally-Intelligent, Resilient and Healthy Children
- Steadier Marriages where Couples Grow Together and Achieve Deeper Connection that Heals Unconscious Fears that Paradoxically Trigger Conflict and Divorce
- Custody Compassion, Responsibility and Respect
- Grateful Relationships with Extended Family
- Reconciliation and Repair
- Meaningful Family Identity and Shared Legacy
- Reverence for and Sharing of Knowledge and Customs from Prior Generations
- Resilience, Healing & Recovery
- Self-Care, Motivation, and Accomplishment
- Restored Balance with Knowledge of 12 Key Essentials for Balance
- Recovery from Addiction with Improved Resilience and Meaning
- Enhanced Relationships Marked by Connection over Disconnection from Fear, Shame & Guilt
- Self-Respect, Self-Care, and Improved Communication Methods to Deter Bullying and Abuse
- Self-Knowledge and Self-Acceptance with Identification of Learning Style and Positive Compensations
- Self-Soothing and Curiosity to Learn